What is Prayer?
Prayer is simply talking to God. It is having a conversation with someone who loves us more than we can imagine. Jesus tells us in the Bible that we do not receive because we do not ask.
Prayer is a relationship, wherein we humbly communicate, worship, and sincerely seek God’s face, knowing that He hears us, loves us and will respond, though not always in a manner we may expect or desire. Prayer can encompass confession, praise, adoration, supplication, intercession and more.
As a church we like to pray for those in need. If you know of someone who would be helped by prayer, we as members of the ‘Prayer Team’ offer the following options:
• Text / Phone: Contact the Session Clerk directly on 07500 861982
• In Person / At Church: Speak directly to a member of the Prayer Team.
• Prayer List: These are updated on the first Sunday of each month and are situated on the prayer table at the back of the sanctuary. All members of the congregation and visitors are encouraged to take a list and add the people named to their own daily prayers. Names can be added to this list by filling in the online form below – please note you must have the person being prayed for’s permission before they can be added to the prayer list.
• Prayer Circle / WhatsApp Group: These are two groups which pray for people and situations which are of a more immediate matter or that the person nominating does not want to be made public. These groups are made up of the Prayer Team and members of the congregation. All members of the groups agree to treat all messages with confidentiality.
• The Proclaimer: Our church magazine is produced every quarter and is made available to our congregation, to our local community and is on our church website. If you would like a particular person (whom you must have their permission) or situation prayed for, this more public platform is available to you.
• Minister: This allows you to discuss your prayer need with the minister. Please leave details on the form below to allow the minister to contact you.
• Private Prayer: The MacFarlane Prayer Room is open on Wednesdays from 10am till 12pm for private prayer.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Phillipians 4: 6-7 NIV
PRAYER REQUEST FORM